Air fryers are a game-changer when it comes to weeknight cooking. Grab a bag of frozen sweet potato fries and you can have a delicious side dish that’s ready to eat in just 15 minutes!
How to Make the Absolute Best Sweet Potato Fries (Air Fryer Method)
I absolutely love sweet potato fries, but I don’t always have the time or energy to deal with peeling or cutting sweet potatoes.
When I’m looking for a quick and easy side dish, I grab a bag of frozen sweet potato fries!
You can use any brand of fries in your air fryer, but Alexia fries are my favorite. I’ve been making them for years! They have a great crispy texture on the outside and are perfectly sweet and fluffy inside. And they come out even better when you make them in the air fryer.
Trader Joe’s sweet potato fries are also fantastic (and have minimal ingredients and no added sugar) but they require a special trip to that I don’t always have time to make. The day Trader Joe’s decides to offer grocery delivery will be a very happy day for me!
Either way, they’re the next best thing to cutting homemade fries.
What you’ll love about these air fryer sweet potato fries:
- Super Quick: From freezer to table in 15 minutes – no need to preheat your oven
- Extra Crispy: The air fryer makes these fries extra crispy
- So Easy: Pre-seasoned fries don’t require any extra effort. Just heat and eat!
Tips for making the best frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer
- Air fry frozen sweet potato fries right from the freezer; do not defrost them or they’ll come out soggy.
- For the crispiest french fries, leave some space between them and shake the basket frequently as they cook.
- A spritz of cooking spray will also help your fries crisp up. Be sure the spray the fries themselves, not the air fryer basket since the propellants in cooking sprays can damage the nonstick finish.
Why Air Fry Sweet Potato Fries?
I’ve baked sweet potato fries in the oven for years, but once I started making them in my air fryer there was no looking back.
For me, the biggest appeal is that my air fryer gets piping hot in just 1-2 minutes so I don’t have to spend precious time waiting for my big oven to preheat.
Plus air fryers have a powerful fan that dries out the surface of the food inside, making it even crispier. Who doesn’t love crispy fries?
How should I store leftover frozen sweet potato fries?
Since air fryer frozen sweet potato fries are so easy to make, I usually just make the amount that I want to eat in one sitting. If you have leftovers though, you can keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat your fries, stick them back in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 3-4 minutes. You can also chop them up and use them to make sweet potato hash, or throw them into a frittata!
How do you season frozen sweet potato fries?
The Alexia sweet potato fries that I used here are already seasoned with salt and pepper, so there’s no need to add more. If you’re using a plain variety, you can add a shake or two of salt, cajun seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, or even cinnamon-sugar.
What are the best dipping sauces for sweet potato fries?
Ketchup is classic, but I also love dipping my sweet potato fries in barbecue sauce, peanut sauce, curry ketchup, or garlic aioli.
You can also make a great spicy dipping sauce by combining minced chipotle peppers or sriracha with sour cream.
Or play up the sweetness of the potatoes by dipping them in marshmallow fluff! (If you go this route, don’t use fries with pepper on them.)
What to serve with sweet potato fries?
Try serving your air fryer sweet potato fries with:
- Nashville hot chicken sandwiches
- Turkey Apple Panini Sandwiches
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Smoky Air Fryer Mac and Cheese
- Easy Sheet Pan Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Or enjoy them on their own as a tasty snack with your favorite dipping sauce!
How to Air Fry Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- 20 ounce bag frozen sweet potato fries
- cooking spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 1-2 minutes, or according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Place the frozen sweet potato fries in the basket of your air fryer. Spritz with cooking spray.
- Air fry for 15-18 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes to ensure the fries cook evenly. They'll be ready when they're heated through and beginning to brown and crisp.
2 thoughts on “How to Air Fry Frozen Sweet Potato Fries”
Wow, these were so crispy and delicious!
So easy to make and easier to eat!