If you’re looking for an elegant cocktail recipe that’s steeped in holiday spirit, you need to try this Eggnog Espresso Martini. Made with a combination of creamy eggnog and energizing espresso it’s a festive twist on the classic espresso martini recipe that’s perfect for winter gatherings!
- Rich in Flavor: The unique combination of vodka, Kahlua, espresso, eggnog, vanilla, and cinnamon creates a luxurious flavor profile.
- Caffeine Boost: The added espresso gives you a quick energy jolt – perfect for holiday festivities!
- Quick and Easy: You can whip up this delectable drink in less than 5 minutes!
Shake Things Up This Holiday Season with an Eggnog Espresso Martini!
Espresso martinis have been having a moment lately, and for good reason. After all, coffee and booze is a match made in heaven.
But this winter, let’s take things to the next level by making them with eggnog!
My obsession with mixing and matching in the kitchen led me to this recipe, which is a delicious cross between an espresso martini and an eggnog latte.
With its creamy texture, caffeine kick, and a hint of holiday spice, this eggnog cocktail is bound to become a new favorite.
Excited? Let’s shake up some festivity together!
Tips for Making the Best Eggnog Martini with Espresso
Use Freshly Brewed Espresso: For the best flavor, use freshly brewed espresso instead of instant or premade coffee. The richness and aroma of fresh espresso (not to mention that gorgeous crema!) enhances the overall taste of the cocktail.
Shake it Right: A good shake is vital to perfecting this cocktail. Aim for 30 seconds of vigorous shaking to get that perfect frothiness.
The Best Ice: Use large ice cubes if possible. They melt slower during shaking, giving optimal chill without diluting your drink.
Chill your glass: Place a martini glass or coupe glass in the freezer for a few minutes before making your drink. Chilling the glass helps to keep the cocktail cool for longer and adds a nice touch to the presentation.
Strain Well: If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, strain your martini through a fine mesh sieve. This ensures that no ice chips or excess foam make their way into the final drink, giving you a smooth and refined consistency.
Experiment with Presentation: While garnishing with coffee beans (or even better, chocolate covered espresso beans) is a classic choice, feel free to get creative with your presentation. You can also try sprinkling a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg on top, adding a cinnamon stick, or rimming the glass with pie spice.
Frequently asked questions
For the richest flavor, it’s really best to use freshly brewed espresso. But in a pinch, instant espresso or homemade cold brew can work too.
The cocktail is best enjoyed right away, but you can refrigerate it for up to a day.
Sure! Just multiply the ingredients by the number of servings you want.
Yes! Give it a good shake in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Try vanilla vodka, or use 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
If you like a sweeter drink, add an extra teaspoon of vanilla syrup. Or use a splash of vanilla extract instead of syrup for a less sweet cocktail.
More coffee recipes you’ll love:
Eggnog Espresso Martini
- 1 ounce freshly brewed espresso
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 4 ounces eggnog
- 2 teaspoons vanilla syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the espresso and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds to chill it.
- Add the vodka, coffee liqueur, eggnog, vanilla syrup, and cinnamon. Shake for 30 seconds or until frothy and thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish as desired.