Ferrero Rocher cookies are the perfect choice for anyone who loves chocolate. These thick and chewy chocolate hazelnut cookies are 100% better than any store-bought cookie I’ve ever had, and they have only 6 ingredients!
These Brownie Mix Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies Will Make You Feel Like A Domestic Superstar
If you’re anything like me, you love chocolate and hazelnuts together. I mean, is there anything better than Nutella?
As soon as I came up with the idea for these Ferrero Rocher cookies, I knew they were going to be perfect for me.
Just like my s’mores cookies, these are made with brownie mix. That means they’re super easy, but they taste amazing.
Give this chocolate cookie recipe a try. I just know that you’re going to love them!
- 6 Ingredient Recipe: This recipe uses brownie mix for the cookie base, which means there’s less to measure.
- Perfect for chocolate lovers: These cookies has enough to satisfy even the biggest chocolate lover out there.
- An amazing treat for the holidays or for a fun dessert any time of year!
These chocolate hazelnut cookies are so delicious, and they come together in 6 ingredients—you can’t beat that!
- Brownie Mix. Use your favorite standard-size box of brownie mix — most will range from 16-19 ounces, depending on the brand. I made the cookies pictured here with Trader Joe’s mix, but I’ve also made this recipe with Ghiradelli and Dunken Hines mixes.
- Hazelnuts. We’ll stir chopped hazelnuts into the batter so every bite is full of delicious chocolate-hazelnut flavor. Think Nutella, but in crispy cookie form!
- Ferrero Rocher Candies. Don’t worry, you’ll only use a few. A little goes a long way here! Looking for a deal? Snag a holiday pack after the holidays are over. I also love to buy them at warehouse stores, like BJs or Costco.
- Vegetable Oil. Or any other neutral oil.
- Store leftover hazelnuts in the fridge or freezer. They’ll last longer before going stale or rancid!
How to make them:
Mix the brownie mix, cocoa powder, egg, water, and oil. Add in the chopped hazelnuts.
Scoop tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The cookies will spread as they bake, so leave a little space between them.
Top each cookie with Ferrero Rocher crumbs. The easiest way to make these crumbs is to smash each candy with the flat side of a large knife.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
Tips and substitutions:
If you don’t have cocoa powder, you can use flour instead.
Is your brownie mix is too thin? add 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder or flour until it firms up.
If your dough is too sticky, let it sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the flour to hydrate.
Make the dough ahead of time and freeze it in individual portions for cookies whenever you want! Cook them from frozen, adding2-3 minutes to the cooking time.
If you don’t have Ferrero Rocher candies, go get some! OK, I’m kidding (kind of). You can leave the candy off and top these cookies with a finely chopped hazelnuts. You’ll get a similar chocolate-hazelnut flavor but you will lose the delicious crispy wafer part of the candy.
If you’re using a very plain brownie mix, go ahead and stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for even more chocolate flavor.
Frequently asked questions
They’ll keep well in an air tight container at room temperature for about a week.
You can also freeze the baked cookies for longterm storage. They’re great to make ahead of time for the holidays!
As mentioned above, you can also freeze the unbaked dough for a warm dessert whenever you want!
You can use whatever your favorite mix is, as long as it’s a standard sized box, about 16-20 ounces. I’ve included some tips above on how to troubleshoot if your dough doesn’t seem quite right, so be sure to check those out if you’re having problems. That said, I’ve made these with all sorts of brownie mixes — even mixed that include chocolate chips or syrup.
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4-Ingredient Sugar Cookies
- S’mores Cookies
- Lemony Butter Cookies
Ferrero Rocher Cookies
- 1 box brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ¼ cup hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 4 Ferrero Rocher candies crushed or chopped
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, and water to form a thick dough. Stir in the hazelnuts.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto your prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1-2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Sprinkle crushed Ferrero Rocher candies on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are crsip on the edges and set in the center.